Sri Lanka Cricket Players
Chamara Kantha Kapugedera (born 24 February 1987) is a Sri Lankan cricketer.
Kapugedara was born in Kandy. In domestic cricket, he plays for Colombo Cricket Club, and made his One Day International debut against Australia in Perth in 2006. He made his Test cricket debut in the first Test against England at Lord's Cricket Ground in London, in May 2006, in which he made a first ball duck in the first innings. A sylish and classical player, he is also known for his big hitting and his innings of 38 runs from 21 balls, inclusive of 2 fours and 3 sixes, in the first final of the VB Series held in 2006. This innings bolstered Sri Lanka's total and ensured that Australia lost their first home final in 9 years.
- Full name : Chamara Kantha Kapugedera
- Born : February 24, 1987, Kandy
- Batting style : Right-hand bat
- Test debut : England v Sri Lanka at Lord's, May 11-15, 2006
- ODI debut : Australia v Sri Lanka at Perth, Jan 29, 2006
- Bowling style: Right-arm medium
Back to top